What is air balancing?
And why do I need to worry about it?
Air balancing ensures that the right amount of air is going into the HVAC system at the right locations … and that the right level of air is coming out at the supply outlets.
It’s critical to get it right, because an unbalanced system wastes energy, causes stale air and lower oxygen levels and results in poor heating and cooling for the building.
It’s about balance of air movement, temperature and humidity to create a comfortable and healthy indoor environment.
The key word here is healthy...
…Because in an office block or shopping centre, poor air can make people sick.
Air balancing reduces energy costs
“Research has shown that proper air balancing will improve HVAC performance in terms of comfort and health, reduce maintenance costs by uncovering potential problems and provide 5 to 15% savings in energy costs.” Jason Tink
How do I know if I need air balancing?
If you have experienced one or more of these problems, your air conditioning system may need air balancing:
- The space configuration has changed since the last air balance
- Staff must continuously re-adjust control settings
- Odours are present inside the building or hot and cold spots exist
- The building is draughty or stuffy
- Doors stay open or slam closed
- Excessive dirt or dust is present
- Hot and cold spots throughout tenant spaces
- Flies and other bugs become a nuisance and are always present
- Excessive complaints
- Balancing in general
This is how we fix those problems:
- Adjust the amount of airflow distributed to each air diffuser
- Measure total airflow for all HVAC and exhaust systems
- Balance airflow for each supply and exhaust grille
- Measure volts, amps, statics, RPMs, temperatures, and set minimum outside air requirements on all A/C units
- Balance water flow for all pumps, cooling towers, chillers, boilers and air handling unit coils
Industry best air balancing technology
We are Sydney’s leading air conditioning specialists, and we utilise state of the art, industry best air balancing technology.
Because we know that without proper certified testing equipment (testing, adjusting and balancing), an environmental system simply won’t do what it should.
Contact our highly skilled, 24/7 technicians for air balancing today.